Tuesday 13 July 2010

Project 10: Sound (production)

Next I had to rerecord the sound for my production (the alcoholic) in project 3. The updated video is below:


I made sure the lid dropping on the floor was the loudest sound as this is what was meant to spark the reaction. I think it works well recording all the sounds at a different time to the actual video, as it allows fine tuning over each individual sound volume, and placement. Each sound is much crisper and clearer as well by having a dedicated recording of each. The atmos. track certainly makes a difference as well, although it is not really noticeable in this recording, when I played through the video on my editor with the atmos. track muted, it's absence was quite obvious, and the whole scene felt odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment